Thursday, March 29, 2007

Projects

I'm working on some sewing projects right now. I just finished a new dog bed. Basically a big pillow case so it was done pretty fast. It was high time fo a replacement. The bed is a hunter green.

I'm also going to sew some ties for my boys. I just got a pattern for vests and ties. I haven't found the "perfect" fabric yet, but I'm going to try the pattern on some dollar a yard fabric. How hard could it be to make a tie? I guess I'll soon see. This means I'll actually have to learn to tie a tie!

I am also going to make some bags. I'm making a bag for Bekah and probably one for me too. I just got a pattern for this too. I didn't find the fabric I wanted for this either. Guess I get to do some more shopping!

I also got a pattern for scrubs for Alan. This should be a little more of a project that will take some time. But if I can get this right it could save us a little money. I was amazed at how much scrubs were! If you know where to get them cheap, let me know.

2 comments:

Hollie said...

There might be some cheap scrubs on eBay. I remember having to buy myself 4 pairs when I worked with a chiropractor. I really loved them though. It was nice not having to pick something out to wear in the morning. Just throw those on and a pair of shoes. I miss those days.

I would like to see the bags when you are done. I starting to get the itch to sew, but I don't know what to make.

Rachel said...

I haven't actually started sewing, i got sidetracked with paper crafting (again!). There were a ton of patterns for bags and fun things at the fabric store. They even had accessories for i pods and stuff. Go when they are 99cents and look through. I hadn't done that in a while and was like, I want to make that,, and that,, and that,,etc.

Thanks for the idea on the scrubs, I will definitly look.